Okay, the title is probably a lie. Chances are my parents, a teacher, or a random character on TV has told me these things before. However, in case no one has told you, here are 31 random things you should know.
1. No one owes you anything.
2. There is a difference between being someone’s family and sharing genetics.
3. Not everyone is your friend.
4. Not everyone is out to hurt you.
5. Being an adult is weird.
6. Dental insurance is not included in health insurance.
7. You will have more bills than friends.
8. Good friends are rare, but when you find them, keep them.
9. Christmas shopping is expensive.
10. Food is expensive.
11. Cheap bread tastes like cheap bread.
12. Decorating a house is more expensive than the house itself.
13. Never underestimate the power of a good hug.
14. Death is inevitable.
15. Life is short, adopt that animal.
16. Edward did not deserve Bella.
17. They say the number one fight in a marriage is money, this is wrong. It’s over bathroom habits.
18. Laundry sours very quickly.
19. Water is not free.
20. If your fingers and toes are not blue, there is no need to turn on the heat. (Electric is not free)
21. Do not get a pet fish if your attention span is the same length as said fish’s. (This is one of those that my parents told me and I did anyways and now I’ve had a fish for two years)
22. Unless you’re talking to God or someone directly affected, no one’s opinion matters.
23. You have fat, you are not fat.
24. Everything costs money.
25. The little things matter most.
26. Batteries are expensive.
27. It’s okay to say “no”.
28. It’s okay to be selfish from time to time.
29. It’s okay to enjoying being at home.
30. Wash your hair every other day, it makes it softer.
31. Coconut oil fixes everything.